Markets.com only accepts non-U.S. customers.
Markets.com forms part of SafeCap Investments Ltd which has its business headquarters in Cyprus. The parent company was founded in 2006 as Arbat Capital Ltd and was given approval to act as a forex broker in 2008. It name was changed to SafeCap Investments in 2009.
Active Trader Program
Those with deposits of $5,000 can enjoy a pip-based rebate ranging from $300 to over $3,750, depending on their trading volume.
- Minimum deposit requirement is $100.
- Maximum deposit $2,499.
- Welcome bonus of $250 for each new Mini account client.
- Minimum deposit requirement is $2,500.
- Welcome bonus of $2,000 that can be withdrawn after sufficient volume traded.
- Free access to "News to Mobile" service.
- Minimum initial deposit of $20,000 or more required.
- Full access to "News to Mobile" service.
- Free FX signals sent via SMS text messaging.
- Practice account provided free of charge
- Trading leverage of between 50 to 200:1, depending on position size. Using leverage increases the risk.
- Flexible account funding options.
- Fund with credit or debit card transfers via Visa, MC and Diners' Club.
- Add funds using wire transfers from banks.
- Initiate via withdrawal request form.
- Instant withdrawal via credit card.
- Takes up to 3 business days for funds to be available at banks.
Irrespective of their account types, all traders at Markets.com have the choice of using any of three reliable in-house trading platforms. Access to this trading software is provided by Markets.com at no charge to its forex brokerage clients, and tutorials are provided on its website.
- Easy to install and use
- Supports single-click orders
- Drag and drop interface
- Good range of technical indicators
- Real time charts
Market Java Trader
- Online interface
- Supports all browsers
- Java-based platform
- Tight security
- Practice trading available
Market Mobile Trader
- Cell phone trading application
- Provides quick market access
- Easy to use
Markets.com offers excellent quality customer support to its forex brokerage clients, with local phone numbers in 25 countries around the world. Furthermore, not only is a live chat option available via the broker's website, but its multi-lingual staff also promptly responds to calls around the clock during business days.
With respect to Markets.com's Trading Desk, their staff refrains from providing market advice and instead only offer an execution service for their forex clients.
The firm offers plenty of basic educational material on their website for the trader new to foreign exchange. Available topics currently include:
- Forex education,
- Trading basics,
- Fundamental analysis and
- Technical analysis.
For those traders interested in learning more about technical analysis in general, Market's coverage of technical analysis basics on their website can be quite helpful in getting started. Not only does the site have information on the more popular technical indicators, but it also covers chart types, support and resistance, chart patterns, Fibonacci retracements and applying Elliott Wave Theory.
Market News and Data
- Forex news
- Trading signals for live traders
- Economic calendar
Markets.com subjects itself to regulation by more than one national regulatory body, being overseen by both the U.K.'s FSA and the CySec of Cyprus, which uses the E.U.'s compliance standards. As a result, its compliance standards are especially rigorous, and it regularly submits necessary financial reports and other compliance information to both of these regulators.
Markets exceeds the industry's standards when it comes to keeping client account and personal information safe. Not only does it employ a number of state-of-the-art data protection techniques, but they also uses both SSL and robust firewalls to protect its clients' sensitive personal data during transmission.
Markets.com may not be the fanciest forex broker around but they certainly get the job done more so than the rest of the industry. They offer great pricing, excellent customer service in many different languages, overwhelming regulation, and pretty much everything you need in order to trade forex at your home and on the road.